Friday, February 3, 2012

A Personal Challenge.


I have some news that I am very excited over. One of my best friends, JB, is an Evangelical blogger (at Study and Faith), and you can read more about his story here) who's been really open and interested in learning both what we Latter-day Saints believe and why.  He's gone through the discussions, studied extensively, read the Book of Mormon, prayed for confirmation, and received a testimony that the Church isn't true after all.  But he's willing to be persuaded that maybe there's good reason to believe that the Church is true, and that's where I come in.  He's asked me to write him a paper making the case for what we Latter-day Saints believe, to try and convince him.  And I know he's really eager to hear me out and give a lot of prayerful thought to it.  This is hard work.  He's by far my hardest investigator, but it would mean the world to me if I could see him receive the fulness of the gospel.

Because there's so much to put into this, I am writing my paper in installments, and after I finish each one I plan to post it here.  Just yesterday I finished a rough draft of my first installment, which is about the Aaronic and Melchizedek Priesthoods.  After I finish the whole paper, JB is going to write me one explaining and defending his Evangelical beliefs and giving me his thoughts on my case. After all, it wouldn't be fair if I'm doing all the talking.  And then I get to try to write an answer to his paper back to him.

If any of you would pray for me, or if any of you have ideas for resources or arguments I could use, I would really appreciate that.

ke7ejx.

No comments:

Post a Comment