Monday, February 13, 2012

Best Movie Ever...



During afternoon tea, there's a stir in the air.
A bone-trembling chill that tells you she's there.
There are those who believe, that the the whole town is cursed.
But the house in the marsh is by far the worst.
What she wants is unknown, but she always comes back.
The spectre of darkness, the Woman in Black.


This last Friday I went to see this movie with my friends to celebrate my 23rd birthday. I had first seen the trailer back in September or October and was very excited. I love horror movies, though I've been severely disappointed over the years. Most have become too predictable, too hoaky and overall too stupid. The only movie that even came close to scaring the living daylights out of me was White Noise with Kevin Costner in it... Spoooooooooooky.... 

But when I saw the teaser trailer and it startled me, I became hopeful. I had been asked a few times what I wanted to do for my birthday which made this an easy decision. There were seven of us including my fifteen year old sister. To make things interesting I decided to go to the latest showing which was 10:20. We got there around 8 and decided to hang at Red Robin for a time. And of course some embarrassment occurred when my best friend let slip to her friend on the waitressing staff that it was my birthday so that led to me getting sung to and a free sundae... it tasted really good. I did have to refrain from committing homicide. 

Anyway, after a couple of hours we went back to the cinema and after a trip to the refreshment area, we settled in our seats above the area reserved for wheelchair occupants. I love this spot for two reasons a) the rails are great for feet rests and b) I don't have to worry about my claustrophobia. 

So, it started with a good startle and even the slower sections were interesting. It was one scary setting after another. One of my friends was freaking considerably throughout the movie and even I jumped a time or two. At one point there was one scene that caused the entire theatre to gasp and jump. One guy a few rows behind me let out a high pitch scream and then we could hear popcorn and candy just shower the floor. All of us laughed at that. It was such a perfect comic relief with impeccable timing. hahahahaha.....

But the story line was interesting, the acting superb. The best part was, I couldn't even predict what would happen next. It also kept me at the edge of my seat. The ending was shocking and even upsetting. My friends and I talked about it the entire car ride home. We also discussed the subject of Ghosts and hauntings, which I will be addressing in the next post. 

The bottom line is: If you like horror movies and haven't seen this yet, you need to grab a girlfriend/boyfriend/friend-friend and see The Woman in Black. Do not see it alone. It's that epically awesome! 


ke7ejx. 

No comments:

Post a Comment