Monday, November 29, 2010

The Challenge.

Like most members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints; I make it a point to read my scriptures every day and to ponder it. However...living in a non-LDS home, I don't have anyone to discuss my thoughts and questions. It is my hope to express myself and get a different perspective on the Gospel. One thing that stuck with me from a 2009 interview of Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles; was that each Latter-day Saint should "get the doctrine firmly planted into our hearts and souls that we read, study and know." This is something I have sworn to do.

For those whom are not familiar with my faith; the church uses what is commonly known as the "Standard Works". This consists of The Holy Bible-Old Testament and New Testament, The Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants and The Pearl of Great Price.

So, here's the challenge: Read the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price every day from December 2010 to December 2011, unless I finish it sooner. The Book of Mormon in 2012. The Old Testament in 2013. The New Testament in 2014. I will blog about each reading and include any inspiration I receive. I will include any other gems of knowledge that comes my way. I will also have a partner in studying who will keep me on the straight and narrow.

That's the long and the short of it. The Challenge begins 01 December 2010, a mere two days time.

Feel free to comment any questions or thoughts, I love gaining perspective. I do ask two things, however. Please do not post any profane or contentious comments. If you do not agree with my religion, that is up to you. Mutual respect is all I ask.


C-Ya

ke7ejx.

No comments:

Post a Comment